tisdag 21 februari 2012

The ABS-Challenge February with a mix from all over the world


This months ABS-Challenge is very much about  birds
With this necklace I am designer of the week on the ABS-blog
Thank You Heather !!:)


I have tried to follow the colors of the painting  and one bird is in front
The Ceramic focal is made by me  in porcelain clay
I added some faceted stone beads and some  lampwork art beads  and the birdie



In this closeup You can see the beautiful lampwork bead with silver from *Davina Design*  in Italy
and the pretty polymer bird made by  *Yelenacomau*  in Australia
 and the ABS blog is in USA , 
Silk is from India 
and more beads from USA 
and stones from China 
and  Painting is made in Iran
And I live in SWEDEN
this is a very international post :)
And I do love that this obsession ! with beads and design bring us all together from all over the globe !!




This fantastic lampwork flower is made by *ferrarioriginalbeads*


Necklace closes with a swivel clasp in the front  and the dark shifting silk is the river flowing through the painting 





And finally the painting .....the  inspiration of the challenge


The Conference of the Birds by Habiballah
Page from a manuscript of the Mantiq al-Tayr (The Language of the Birds) of Farid al-Din `Attar
 ca. 1600; Safavid Iran (Isfahan)
Opaque watercolor, ink, silver, gold on paper
10 x 4 1/2 in. (25.4 x 11.4 cm)

5 kommentarer:

  1. this is a beautiful piece- thank you for sharing – debs*

    SvaraRadera
  2. This is sooooo beautiful Birgitta!! I just love love this! Now make them and sell the focals and or the necklaces! This necklace just captured my heart as as soon as I saw it Birgitta. oxx

    SvaraRadera
  3. I just love how your necklace came from all over the world! That really makes it special. And congrats again on the feature, very well deserved!!:-)

    SvaraRadera
  4. This is art. You could wear it or hang it on the wall, either way it is absolutely beautiful. It's rustic, yet delicate and everything just "works" together. I'm from Minnesota and this looks very Swedish, although I couldn't tell you exactly why. I really, really love it!

    SvaraRadera
  5. Lovely combination of so many different elements into a very pretty necklace!

    SvaraRadera